It is a known fact that Silicone Rubber has high water-permeation. Furthermore, coolants with very high pH levels, and those that contain ethyl-hexanoic acids (OAT-type coolant), as sometimes not compatible with Silicone.
We supply Reinforced & Non-reinforced EPDM Hoses, in the fire-resistant compound as per NF EN 45545-2+A1 : 2016, rated “HL3” as per R22 and R23.
In fact, at recent testing at a prominent OEM’s research facility, Shore Auto’s EPDM hoses performed 300% better compared to our competitor (who is a global giant when it comes to Hoses), with regards to permeation resistance.
Our Silicone Hoses with Polyester and Meta-aramid Fabric reinforcement, also have the following certifications:
- ISO 5659-2: Ds (max) 10 minutes is 302; and Ds (max) 20 minutes is 393
- BS EN ISO 4589-2: Oxygen Index 33.8%
- EN 45545-2: R22 – HL1; and R23 – HL1 and HL2. (Hoses from HL3 certified raw-materials available on request)
- NF X 70-100-1 and NF X 70-100-2: C.I.T is 2.43
- R value calculated in accordance with BS 6853 Annex B.1(withdrawn) / LUL S1085 Attachment A.1 = 0.21
- C.I.TNLP calculated in accordance with BS EN 45545-2:2013+A1:2015 = 0.04
contact us for more details.