Whenever Hoses has to perform at a Working Temperature above 205 deg C (400 F) continuously, with intermittent temperatures even higher, It is recommend that you insist on “high-temperature” silicone rubber grades to be used.
Although because of price pressures, one can get away by using the “general-purpose” grades by additionally adding heat stabilizing modifiers, using “High-Temperature” silicone rubber grades has its own benefits.
Benefits of using “high-temperature” grades are as follows:
- The raw-material base itself contains in-built heat stabilizers
- Improved heat-ageing properties (& better mechanical properties to start with)
- Fumed silica based
- Better Long-term performance and lower flex-cracking at high temperature and pressure cycles
Although cost-wise there is a premium for the HT grades, the final customers usually improve the ‘cost of ownership’ because of the extended performance life.
* Options available with inner liner of Fluorosilicone (FVMQ), Viton (FKM) or Aflas (FEPM).
* General-Purpose grades are recommended for Continuous Working Temperatures below 205 deg C (400 F), although they can handle much high ‘peak’ intermittent temperatures.
Write to us in case of any questions.